Friday, March 11, 2011

The End of an Era, or Two

I had planned to catch up on a few other things (JD's new deal, injuries, Feliz's role), but obviously with what went down today, and evidently over the past several months leading up to the news of Chuck Greenberg's departure, I'll need to chime in on that first.

I'll admit, I'm a Greenberg guy.  I could listen to his upbeat ideas about this team all day, and I'd even thought to myself how fun it would be to work for a guy like him one day.  I'm also a lifelong Nolan Ryan fan.  Having these two guys lead my team seemed like a perfect setup.

However, today's news, in addition to missing out on Cliff Lee and the Michael Young drama, it looks like all of the positive momentum has been sucked out of a team that went to the World freakin' Series a few months ago.  It has me drained, and I'll always be a positive Rangers homer, but I just don't feel like dealing with it for the time being.

That being said, I'm going to shut down operations of the blog.  I might come back and I might not.  I've only got about 10-20 people who read it anyway, and I feel like I'm getting behind on keeping up with what's going on anyhow.  My new position at work means I'll miss 3/7ths of the season, so there's another reason for me to give it up at this time.

If you want to see how far things have come in the last few months, go back to the first post and read it.  It's a post that Chuck actually read and sent me a message about the day after I posted it, which got me fired up about writing.  The opposite has happened today.

Thanks for reading as much as you have, and as always, Go Rangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment