Monday, February 7, 2011

Young's Getting Restless

So I'm sure you've heard by now that Michael Young has officially requested to be traded to another team.  Want more details?  Let me just point you over to Richard Durrett, who has the most details out there of any local or national reporter that I've seen so far today.

JD and Nolan's side of things:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4860017/thoughts-talk-michael-young-situation

Michael's side of the story:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4860034/michael-young-im-tired-of-it

First of all, I'm not picking sides on this thing.  I'll be a Rangers fan for life, and Michael Young will always be one of my favorite players.  My preference would be for some kind of resolution that would keep him around for the rest of his playing days, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

It's a shame this has to happen right on the heels of the best chapter in team history.  The details of what Michael is so ticked off about are not being put out in the public, so it's hard to completely see what's going down, but it's hard to believe that just a few months after Michael was playing in the World Series that he'd be so frustrated by the team that it would come to this.

This looks like a no win situation for everyone involved.  It feels like a bad dream, and completely out of character for all parties involved.

I'm going to wait to say much more about this, because I know in the coming days there will be more to add to the story.  Questions will be answered, and new ones will be raised, and maybe a trade will be worked out with somebody.  But until then, I'll just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment